Blog: Stay Compliant and Keep Using Yahoo with GreenKey
What is all the fuss about regarding Yahoo! Messenger?
Since Yahoo recently confirmed the demise of the desktop version of their messenger, there has been much confusion around its future as a compliant communications tool for financial markets.
Let me start off with a very clear statement: There is no need to move to another messenger service if you are currently using Yahoo!. GreenKey makes the new Yahoo! web front end compliant.
What do I need to do?
- Get a 30-day free trial with GreenKey. (If you are already a GreenKey user, the functionality is already in your product. Let us know if you have any questions about how to use it.)
- Sign into Yahoo! through the GreenKey application using your existing Yahoo! ID and export your Yahoo! Desktop Messenger contacts list and use our automated tool to group them in Yahoo! Web. Stay compliant.
- Continue communicating with your Yahoo! contacts!
I want to take this opportunity to confirm that our solution enables users to carry on using beyond August 5th. We have removed non-compliant features such as ‘delete’ and ‘un-send’ and added features including the ability to create blast groups. Of course, everything is recorded, with an option to enable compliance departments to put personal contacts on a ‘do not log list’.
We are excited about the opportunity to work with Yahoo users. GreenKey can not only offer a solution for Yahoo! but other chat platforms such as WhatsApp, WeChat and AIM through our IM Capture Tool (let’s be honest for a minute, most people use more than one chat platform). Using this tool helps financial institutions and regulators support a “culture of compliance” where messages are captured across disparate and previously un-monitored platforms.
- An open platform
- No need to change messenger network
- Keep your contacts, blast groups, etc.
- Execution venue agnostic: we will parse links to any exchange
- We offer real-time REST API access so that you can build and integrate with your own applications
So, it’s really very simple. All you need to do is get in touch with us at [email protected] (yes, we created an email address specific to this project) and we’ll show you how to keep things simple.