Chicago or Remote
GreenKey (gk) is seeking a Platform Engineer for our Platform team to help drive the continuous evolution and expansion of our natural language processing (NLP) technology.
What you bring to the team:
- Proficiency in a scripting or programming language (Python, Bash, Node, Go)
- High attention to detail; strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with: CI/CD, source control, SQL databases, basic Linux, and modern web infrastructure best practices
- Most importantly, a passion for learning, DevOps culture, and SRE.
- 1 – 3 years experience in a software engineering or operations role.
- Hands-on experience implementing, operating, and maintaining high-volume web applications.
- Production experience in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
What you will do:
- Utilize infrastructure-as-code to customize deployments and scale our product.
- Deploy our NLP stack to on-premise infrastructure and to cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Continuously improve our CI/CD pipeline
- Master the concepts and implementation of Kubernetes/Helm
- Build tooling to improve developer experience
- Improve testing and automation of our stack
In your first month you will:
- Dive into the financial and emergency services domains
- Build and deploy all our software in a test cloud environment
In 6 months you will:
- Deploy our software onto customer private clouds, on-premise, and public cloud environments.
- Make solid contributions to our CI/CD pipeline
In 12 months you will:
- Master cloud computing concepts in AWS
- Develop a thorough understanding of deploying and scaling with Kubernetes
- Learn how to build and operate effective observability systems (logging, alerting, metrics)
- Make an impact on the direction of GreenKey